Friday, July 11, 2008

Flashpoint interview

I'm having trouble keeping up with all the Flashpoint articles to post to TV, eh? - this happened once before, when those Americans took notice of Little Mosque on the Prairie - but now I'm adding to the glut. I wrote up an article for Blogcritics based on the TV, eh? Blogtalkradio interview with co-creators Stephanie Morgenstern and Mark Ellis.
  • Cop Drama Flashpoint Explores Human Cost Of Heroism
    “We like to describe it as an adrenaline-fueled police drama,” Flashpoint co-creator Stephanie Morgenstern said in their recent TV, eh? Blogtalkradio interview. “It's a fusion of several different cop genres but in a way that takes, I think, the most exciting elements of all of them. It's got the in-depth psychological profiling of profiling shows and it's got the fast-paced, high-octane elements of other SWAT shows that are more action driven. It's got the whole thing wrapped up into one package.”Read more.
There's more to the interview than I could put in the article, so if you want to listen to the whole thing, it's here.

Flashpoint airs tonight on CBS and CTV at 10 pm and it's worth your time. CTV sent me the first two episodes and it is definitely a more emotional journey than we're used to seeing with cop shows - the pilot was fascinating though felt slow in parts, but the second episode in particular really got me and I'm eagerly anticipating more.