Tuesday, January 03, 2006

The non-artist formerly known as deekay

I feel compelled to explain the name change to sharp-eyed readers. I imagine you're shocked to find out that my initials are D.K. (Actually D.K.W. But deekayuu just doesn't look good). I'm finally changing to my real name – well, most of it – after thinking for a while that if I'd known where I was going with this blog, I would have started with my real name. Except maybe not, because I'm a little shy (aka neurotic) about people I only know offline reading what I write (hi William). And while I'm not in the witness protection program, I don't want to have to justify my shocking criminal behaviour or weird obsessions to current or future employers. So it's only now occurred to me that I can both use my real name and choose to be non-Googleable by eliminating that all-important last name. I'm not very bright.