- Web Therapy web series by Lisa Kudrow/Don Roos is pretty funny - and not geoblocked.
- Mostly loved Curious Case of Benjamin Button, though a little slow, a little puzzling in its themes, a little Forrest Gumpy.
- I'm quoted in article re: TV marketing (re: ZOS on Air Canada). Weird to be interviewee instead of interviewer.
- Loving new music purchases TV on the Radio, Deerhunter, Mates of State. Mostly discover music via TV shows and popcandy. Me=unhip.
- Been watching Gavin & Stacey so if it's remade by a US network I can be smug and say it's not as good as the original. Love it so far.
- Neighbour gave me Susanna Clarke's Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell. Like Harry Potter for adults. Not my usual read but I'm enjoying.
- Bakugan makes no sense to me [it's a tv show like Pokemon or Yu-gi-oh, but also a game I was "taught" over the holidays]. Doomed to feel intellectually inferior to friend's 8 year old. But I'm totally smarter than the toddler.
- Book gifts I received - The Mother Tongue: English and How It Got That Way, and Troublesome Words. Is it possible I'm a nerd? Nah.
- No energy to write year review so Twitter version: TV sucked, best movie, Slumdog MillionairePredictably Irrational most interesting book.
- So I can't get away with just saying TV sucked? Fine. Writers strike hurt 2 seasons. Bit disappointed in fave shows, no new shows to love.
Sunday, January 04, 2009
Random pop culture thoughts
It's been a while since I've done a roundup of my recent relevant Twitter activity so here's some of my latest pop culture thoughts, in 140 characters or fewer: