Saturday, March 06, 2010

The Prodigal Blogger

Hello? Is this thing on? Ahem ... so ... hi there. Long time no write. Which means any regular readers I once had have moved on, as I did. But I'm reviving the blog now that my day job is winding down and vacations are starting up, so I have a place to share with friends, family, and random Internet strangers my travel experiences and whatever other random thoughts try to coalesce in my brain.

I pretty much abandoned this blog and most remnants of a life after that day job took every scrap of energy and/or time I had. I migrated to Twitter, not intending it to be a replacement for blogging. It ended up seeming that way, since 140-character bite-sized thoughts are a lot easier to spew regularly than full-fledged blog posts. If you follow me there, or know me in real life, you know I'm at the tail-end of a contract with the host broadcaster for the 2010 Olympics and Paralympics (no, not CTV or NBC ... someday I'll post about my experiences and explain in more than 140 words what the role of a host broadcaster is for those, like me before taking the job, who don't know.)

Now I look forward to writing about something other than sports broadcasting and 140-character thoughts. If I remember how. In the meantime, I just wanted to say hi. I've missed you.