Monday, August 11, 2008

Bags for Zaza

Oh, did I mention I’d be away? I was away. I’m back. I have nothing to say though, since my brain is still on holidays, so I’ll link to the blog of a former coworker who quietly amazes me. She’s started a project of auctioning off homemade bags to raise funds for a family member’s adoption (a subject close to her heart), and has had tremendous success:
Bags for Zaza is a fundraiser I'm conducting on behalf of my brother-in-law and his family. They are in the process of adopting a little girl from Colombia; we don't know her name yet, so we call her Zaza. My family and I are using the fabric and scraps we already have, as well as donated fabrics and thrift-store finds, to create unique and original messenger bags, totes, and purses. 100% of your purchase price will be donated towards Zaza's adoption.
Bidding starts on Mondays and closes Saturdays - check out the latest crop of bags.